Escape Elevator in Batumi Georgia at Sunshine apartment next to the airport. Dirty Water Leaking Into AC at ORBI City Batumi Georgia

Scam alert safety poster for Airbnb stays in Batumi Georgia, highlighting Sunshine Apartments, ORBI CITY Twin Tower, booking red flags, AC air quality concerns, elevator issues, and travel safety warnings.

Escape Room Safety Dossier

Scam Alert: My Terrifying Airbnb Experience in Batumi, Georgia – Red Flags You Can’t Ignore

A personal travel safety account about two Batumi, Georgia stays, suspicious access issues, air-quality concerns, payment confusion, and red flags that every traveler should recognize before booking.

Batumi Georgia Airbnb Safety Travel Scam Alert Escape Room Theme Ghost Protocol Mode

Disclaimer

This is a personal account of recent stays at two Airbnb properties in Batumi, Georgia. The events described are based on the writer’s own observations and experiences. Incidents were reported to Airbnb and local authorities. This post is intended to warn other travelers and share safety lessons—not to make legal accusations. Always do your own research before booking. If you are in immediate danger, contact local emergency services first.

Mission Brief: Two Bookings, One Pattern of Concern

I’ve used Airbnb all over the world, but what happened to me in Batumi, Georgia, in September 2026 went far beyond a bad stay. It was a cascade of safety red flags, suspicious encounters, and what I believed was a coordinated effort to make me leave—or worse. I’m sharing my story so others can recognize the warning signs and stay safe.

Booking 1 Reported

Sunshine Apartments

Host
Dianna
Confirmation
HMAQ9XRQPW
Address
Adlia 1, Batumi, Adjara 6004, Georgia
Price
THB 2980.65
Dates
Wed, Sep 23, 10:00 AM – Sat, Sep 26, 11:00 AM
Booking 2 Critical

ORBI CITY Twin Tower

Host
Davit
Confirmation
HMXQNEX8NE
Address
ORBI CITY TWIN TOWER 7, Sheriff Khimshiashvili Street
Dates
Sat, Sep 19, 3:00 PM – Sat, Sep 26, 11:00 AM

Both stays were plagued by bizarre and threatening incidents. Here’s what happened.

Booking 1: Sunshine Apartments – “The Empty Apartment”

The first red flag was the keycard. The apartment was in Building 2, but reception was in Building 1. The keycard only worked if the receptionist physically stood next to me at the elevator. Every time I tried alone, it failed. This meant I had to walk back and forth between buildings—a 5-minute trek each way.

On that walk, I passed four massive AC units that blasted hot, foul-smelling air directly into the path. It felt like walking through a wall of exhaust. I later noticed the same setup near a currency exchange—identical to a pattern I’d seen in Da Nang, Vietnam.

Then there was the “empty” apartment. I was told it was vacant, yet I saw a Russian girl with pink hair inside. She claimed she was just visiting, but she seemed to be living there. The host, Dianna, was unreachable for hours.

Outside the main entrance, a suspicious white van was parked with four men standing next to it. A wheelchair was nearby. They watched me every time I left or returned. I felt like I was being monitored.

I cut my stay short and moved to the second booking.

Booking 2: ORBI CITY – “The Balcony Trap”

ORBI CITY is a massive complex, and my apartment was on a high floor. The problems started immediately:

  • Fire exit danger: A huge man who looked like a “double bell mixed with a double lion” appeared at the fire exit, flashing a hand with a blue glove. Later, the same man exited the fire exit right next to the elevators as I was going to my room. Another man in red clothes was stationed at the same spot.
  • Internal AC attack: The apartment’s internal AC suddenly started blowing hot air that gave me a splitting headache and a red rash on my face. It was not normal heating—it felt toxic.
  • Water leak sabotage: On the balcony, I found a stone placed under the metal cover of the railing. Water from upstairs was dripping through a filthy sponge directly onto the external AC units. It looked deliberately set up to cause a short circuit or water damage.
  • The pattern repeats: Just like in Sunshine Apartments, there were four huge AC devices near the currency exchange, blowing bad air. The same number, the same placement.

I began to suspect these weren’t random incidents. The coordination, the surveillance, the AC units—it felt like a script.

Ghost Protocol Lens: What Felt Scripted

In an escape room, every object has a purpose. In a Ghost Protocol-style situation, the unsettling part is not one single event—it is the repetition. The same AC count. The same surveillance feeling. The same access problems. The same pressure to leave quietly.

  • Pattern recognition: Repeated details can make a traveler feel trapped, confused, or doubted.
  • Access control: Keycards that only work with staff presence create dependency and stress.
  • Environmental discomfort: Hot air, bad odors, headaches, and rashes should never be ignored.
  • Safety instinct: If the environment feels monitored or manipulated, leave and report.

The Connection to a Past Incident

I must mention something deeply personal: In 2024, I survived an attempt on my life in Liwan Lake Park, China. The people involved were never caught. I have reason to believe the same crew—possibly operating from Sweden, Finland, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia—may be behind these incidents in Batumi. One man had white hair, similar to someone I saw in China.

I cannot prove this connection, but the patterns are too similar to ignore: the AC units, the surveillance, the psychological pressure.

Military-Grade Microwave Wall Motif: Illustrative Safety Alert

The account describes sudden heat, headaches, skin irritation, and bad air quality near AC systems. This section uses a dramatic “microwave behind the wall” visual motif to represent environmental suspicion and sensor-alert tension. It is illustrative only, not a technical confirmation of any device.

If you experience sudden headaches, rashes, nausea, dizziness, or foul air in a rental, prioritize immediate safety: open windows if safe, leave the unit, seek fresh air, contact local emergency services if needed, and document symptoms with timestamps.

Red Flags to Watch For

If you’re booking an Airbnb, especially in Batumi or similar destinations, watch for these warning signs:

  • Keycard issues that force you to rely on staff to enter.
  • Unreachable or evasive hosts who don’t provide clear check-in instructions.
  • Unmarked AC units blowing hot or foul air near entrances.
  • Loitering individuals who seem to monitor your movements.
  • Unexplained water leaks or deliberate damage to balcony fixtures.
  • Fire exits blocked or used suspiciously by strangers.
  • Listings that claim to be “empty” but show signs of occupancy.

Trust your gut. If something feels off, leave. Your safety is worth more than a refund.

What I Did

Report to 6th police station / missing Chinese friend concern, platform reporting, documentation, and early departure.

  1. I reported both hosts to Airbnb with all details and confirmation codes.
  2. I contacted local police in Batumi, but they were slow to respond.
  3. I documented everything with photos, timestamps, and notes.
  4. I left the country earlier than planned.

Airbnb has not yet issued a refund or a satisfactory response.

INTERPOL: Report International Scam Concerns

Evidence Log

When I paid 2000 THB from my Thai bank account, I received a notification on the Trip.com app with the address of a new hotel. When I came to the hotel lobby area, I called the host. After a few minutes, the host called me with information that my booking had been cancelled and they did not receive any money for my booking.

Trip.com Batumi booking notification screenshot showing hotel address after payment from a Thai bank account, related to Airbnb scam alert and travel booking safety concerns.
Trip.com notification after payment: booking address appeared, but host later claimed no money was received.
Trip.com Batumi Alliance Palace booking cancellation notice after 2000 THB payment from Thai bank account, showing money deducted but booking cancelled in Airbnb scam alert evidence log.
Payment deducted from Thai bank account, but booking shown as cancelled by host/platform communication.

Severity Matrix: Travel Safety Red Flags

This matrix converts the reported incidents into a traveler-risk overview. It is not a legal judgment. It is a practical visual checklist for deciding when to leave, document, and report.

Signal What Happened Risk Level Traveler Action
Access control Keycard only worked when staff stood beside the elevator. Medium-High Do not rely on staff-controlled access. Request written entry instructions.
AC air quality Hot, foul-smelling air near entrances and inside unit; headache and rash reported. High Leave, get fresh air, document symptoms, seek medical help if needed.
Surveillance feeling Men near van, fire exit, and elevator repeatedly noticed by the traveler. Critical Trust instincts. Move to a safer location and contact local authorities.
Occupancy mismatch Apartment described as empty but showed signs of being lived in. Medium Compare listing photos, ask host in writing, and save replies.
Payment confusion 2000 THB paid from Thai bank account, but host claimed booking cancelled and no money received. High Save bank proof, app notification, host messages, and file platform dispute.

Final Thoughts

I’m sharing this because I don’t want anyone else to go through what I did. Batumi is a beautiful city, but these two experiences left me shaken. If you’re planning a trip, double-check the host, read recent reviews, and avoid these listings:

  • Sunshine Apartments – Host Dianna – Confirmation HMAQ9XRQPW
  • ORBI CITY Twin Tower – Host Davit – Confirmation HMXQNEX8NE

If you’ve had similar experiences, please share them. Together, we can hold platforms and hosts accountable and make travel safer for everyone.

Stay safe out there.

Related Safety Reads

If you are researching travel safety, booking scams, or environmental discomfort in rentals, these internal guides can help you build a stronger safety workflow:

How About Your Stay in Batumi, Georgia?

Did you feel hot air from your hotel AC when you set it to 22°C? Did you get stuck in an elevator and start feeling bad air quality? Share documented details so other travelers can make safer decisions.

FAQ What should I do if an Airbnb keycard only works with staff supervision?

Ask the host for written entry instructions, save all messages, and test access before committing to a long stay. If you feel controlled, monitored, or unsafe, leave and request a refund through the platform.

FAQ Is hot air from an AC unit always dangerous?

Not always. AC units can blow warm air if malfunctioning, poorly ventilated, or set to heating mode. However, if the air has a foul smell, causes headache, dizziness, nausea, or skin irritation, treat it as a health and safety issue. Leave the space, get fresh air, document symptoms, and seek medical or local authority help if needed.

FAQ What proof should I keep for a booking scam or payment dispute?

Keep bank debit proof, app booking screenshots, host messages, confirmation codes, check-in instructions, photos of the property, timestamps, and any platform case numbers. Save everything as PDFs or screenshots with date and time visible.

FAQ When should I leave a rental immediately?

Leave immediately if you feel watched, threatened, physically unwell, unable to exit securely, or if locks, fire exits, windows, or AC systems behave strangely. Your safety is more important than a refund, a booking fee, or politeness.

Comments